12/03/2014

I am a Kindle addicted!

I like to read books on the e-reader. I prefer e-books to paper books for serval reason. First, for me finding the e-version of the book under copy-left law is easier. Also on average this platform, either buying or downloading for free, is more economical.
Second, there are ecological reasons. Tree have to cut down to make paper books, and new technology makes this unnecessary. I prefer not to cut down trees.
third, I like the new platforms. My reader friends always say that they like to touch book’s cover and smell scent of the pages. I can also imagine that some people saying they preferred handwriting when Gothenburg invented the print press. But I don’t feel that way.


The main reason that I like the e-reader might seem a little bizarre: People read books for many reason; to learn, to feel amazing of beauty of language, to develop their experience, to think, and so on. I have an additional motivation. I am a little hyper-active. When is was child my parents signed me up for two sessions in a sport club every day. Later on, I found out that was my parent’s way of getting out my energy. I have changed since then. Now I don't need to exercise to much but I still need to make my mind tired. I feel bored if I’m not under pressure of a serious project. When I’m  seating on the train, when I’m waiting for any thing, even when I go to bed to sleep, I get bored. Reading is a way to avoiding this unpleasant feeling. So I need my library all the time and anywhere: bed before sleeping, in bed after waking, when I’m on the train when I’m waiting in an office or even during breaks form my studies. With my e-reader my library is on my pocket anytime and anywhere. I am a Kindle addicted. Am I not?   

No comments:

Post a Comment